MBBS in Russia
The medical universities in Russia hold a significant position in the top 100 medical universities in the world. The country holds one of the highest positions in terms of literacy rate among many developing countries. It encourages international students to look for medical universities in Russia to study MBBS in Russia. The students from all across the globe look for studying opportunities in Russia so that they can have a flourishing career ahead.
For the Indian medical aspirants, it has become one of the hot destinations for the study in medicine. Every year, many students from the different corners of the country strive to seek admission to the highly demanding MBBS course. The top Russian medical institutions are the Medical Council of India (MCI) approved. The country has become a popular destination for international students for doing MBBS in Russia right from the Soviet Era.
Why Study MBBS in Russia?
- Most of the medical universities in Russia follow a simple admission procedure so that the aspirants don’t need to give any kind of entrance test. This makes admissions procedure easier and free from hassle for the students planning to get admission to MBBS in Russia course.
- The economical MBBS fee in Russia is another motivational reason among the candidates choosing to do medical studies in the country. The subsidized MBBS in Russia for Indian students is also an added advantage. Even the cost of living is quite affordable as compared to other western countries. The hostels and other accommodation facilities are of the utmost quality.
- Agencies like WHO and UNESCO have granted approval to the courses. The students who get a medical college degree in Russia are eligible to work in any part of the world. Post completing their specific national medical exam of that country, MBBS graduates have a rewarding career ahead.
- The medium of language is English for international medical students. The language will not be a barrier for international students
- Students don’t need to give TOEFL or IELTS exam to study MBBS in Russia. But they must have an understanding of English. Good command in English is a must to get admission in medical schools in Russia.
- There are many internship programs as well. Those are available for international students allowing them to have a good clinical practice experience along with doing their course.
- The course curriculum for MBBS in Russia gets updated each year. It is to match international standards allowing medical study students to follow the best learning practices.
- The students studying medicine in Russia willingly take part in such kind of seminars and conferences arranged throughout the year.
- The country has a low crime rate. It has a good environment for medicinal studies.
Tuition Fees for Indian MBBS Students
The MBBS in Russia for Indian students fee structure varies from college to college and from institution to institution. The MBBS in Russia fees vary from almost USD 3500 to USD 6000 (per year) while the hostel Accommodation is almost USD 400 per year. Doing MBBS in Russia for Indian students is quite easy. The reduced course fees inspire students from Indian territories to seek admission in the various prestigious Russian universities.
MBBS from Russia - Overview
|Score Required in 10+2||50% in PCB|
|Fees Structure||4000 – 7000 USD Per Year (approx.)|
|Hostel||200 to 260 USD Per Month (approx.)|
MBBS Fees in Russia at Medical Universities
Doing MBBS in Russia is very easy for Indian students. The students can get direct MBBS Admission without giving any kind of entrance exam. The fee in Russia is very low as the Russian Government offers subsidies for education. The average MBBS fee in Russia varies from INR 2.5 Lakh to INR 5 Lakh each year.
All the Russian Medical Universities are WHO and MCI approved. After completing an MBBS degree from Russia, students can start practicing anywhere in the world including India as well. The students are also given training for the MCI screening test during the medical course. Professors are well educated about the MCI screening test.
- Tuition Fee: almost USD 3500 – 6000 (per year)
- Hostel Accommodation: USD 400 per year
- Health Insurance: USD 100 per year
- Food and Hand Expenditure: USD 100 – 150 per month
So for all the students afraid about how much it cost to study MBBS in Russia, the single word answer to this is affordable.
Recognition of Russian Medical Universities
Doing MBBS from Russia means from a college or university recognized on a worldwide basis.
Some of the renowned agencies that have given approval to the medical universities located in the country include:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- WHO (World Health Organisation)
- Ministry of Education, Russia
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
Intake of MBBS Study in Russia
- The admission process for MBBS study in Russia normally begins in September across most of the universities.
- Some universities in Russia also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March as well. To know more about the date of admission, the students need to check the official website of respective colleges or institutions.
|Medical Universities In Russia||Fees (approx.)|
|Oryol State University Russia||Tuition Fee: almost USD 3900 (INR 2,50,000) per year
Hostel Accommodation: USD 300 per year (INR 20,000)
Health Insurance: USD 100 per year (INR 7000)
|BELGOROD State University Russia||Tuition Fee: almost USD 4600 (INR 3,00,000) per year
Hostel Accommodation: USD 500 per year (INR 33,000)
Health Insurance: USD 100 per year (INR 7,000)
|Tver State Medical University, Russia||Tuition Fee: almost USD 7000 per year; total fees: USD 42,000|
|MBBS Fee of Bashkir State Medical University, Russia||Tuition Fee: total fees: USD 35,150|
|VORONEZH State Medical University, Russia||Tuition Fee: almost USD 4600 (INR 3,00,000) per year
Hostel Accommodation: USD 700 per year (INR 45,000)
Health Insurance: USD 100 per year (INR 6,000)
|ST. PETERSBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY,||Tuition Fee: almost USD 4500 (INR 2,95,000) per year
Hostel Accommodation: USD 600 per year (INR 40,000)
Health Insurance: USD 90 per year (INR 6,000)
List of Top MBBS Colleges in Russia
Some of the top MBBS colleges in Russia from where the students can complete their graduate studies include:
How Many Years of MBBS in Russia?
The entire duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years. The MBBS course is in English for international medical students. The students can also opt for MBBS in Russian Medium whose course duration is almost 7 years. It also includes one year for Russian Language Training.
The medical courses are in English and Russian languages as well. By learning the basics of the Russian language, the students doing MBBS in Russia can communicate easily with the patients. It will help in effective communication while working with doctors in the hospital at the time of their internship programme
How many subjects of MBBS in Russia?
Studying at medical colleges located in Russia is a better option for Indian students. Besides low tuition fees, even the subjects of MBBS in Russia are quite similar as taught in India.
Russia located in Asian and Eastern Europe and is the largest country in the world by land area. Moscow is the capital of Russia and the official name of Russia is the Russian Federation. The population of Russia is almost 146.6 million. The country shares a land border with countries like Finland, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, and Latvia among many others.
Hostel facility for the MBBS Students in Russia
Most of the MBBS universities and colleges in Russia provide hostel facilities to students visiting from different parts of the world. The students who don’t want to opt for on-campus accommodation can choose some other facility. Students can go for lodges, inns, homestay, flat renting, etc. for the comfortable stay. The Indian students can either go for lodging or off grounds staying. The cost of accommodation depends on the type of accommodation a student chooses.
Applying for MBBS in Russia
The students who look to do medical MBBS in Russia must be above 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The students must have scored at least 50 % marks in 10+2 exams for continuing their medical studies in Russian universities. The entire duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years and the course instruction is in English. In case a student wishes to study in the Russian medium, the duration of MBBS in Russia will be 7 years. It will include 1 year of Russian Language Training.
What are the Documents needed for doing MBBS in Russia?
- The Passport with a minimum validity of 18 months
- 10th and 12th Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Birth Certificate in English or translated into the Russian language
- Passport Photo
- Official invitation letter from the Russian University
- HIV test documents
- Authorized documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Legalization of all the documents from the Russian Embassy
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition Fees Payment (It is required by some universities)
MBBS in Russia eligibility
- The student must be 17 years old at the time of applying.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in their 12th standard in the Science stream.
- The Indian medical aspirants who plan to enroll in the Foreign Medical Universities must have qualified NEET.
Admission process for MBBS in Russia
The entire process of getting MBBS admission in Russia is quite easy. Russian medical universities are perfect for Indian students to pursue their dreams.
Below detailed are the steps involved in the MBBS admission procedure:
- Step 1: Fill the online admission application form with the correct and essential details. It is necessary to fill the admission form carefully with no scope of wrong information.
- Step 2: Scan the required documents and submitted along with the application form.
- Step 3: Wait for the Welcome Letter from the university you have applied.
- Step 4: Once you receive the university Welcome or Offer Letter, pay the first-year university tuition fee.
- Step 5: Post receiving your fee receipt, you need to apply for the study visa directly or with the help of an experienced MBBS abroad consultant.
- Step 6: Make an application for the Visa without wasting your valuable time. Your Visa application should accompany the necessary documents.
- Step 7: Pay the Visa application fee and wait for the approval. The visa processing may take up to 30 days.
- Step 8: Once you receive your Visa, get your air ticket booked.
- Step 9: You are ready to fly. Prepare yourself for the happy journey and live your dream of MBBS Study from overseas.
- Step 10: Students worried about the admission process can hire MBBS overseas services rendered by many professional consultants.
You should take the help of reliable overseas educational consultant for faster processing of the documents. MBBS in Russia for Indian students 2020 is the best option for the international quality of medicinal studies. It is the right opportunity for international students, especially Indian students who are passionate about learning medicine. It the perfect option for the Indian students who don’t get a seat in Indian medical colleges.
The MBBS fee in Russia is quite affordable. Rush to seek admission to the MBBS course in the reputed Russian medical colleges. Meta Career & Education Services is your best admission abroad solution partner in Delhi.
Contact us today for the best from rest education overseas admission experience!